Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 14, 2012

ROYAL BIRTHDAY

The Prince Charles, Prince of Wales + Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, Prince + Great Steward of Scotland   {1948} (son of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain + Northern Ireland)




ROYAL WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES

Prince Napoleon Victor Bonaparte, 4th Prince of Montfort & Princess Clementine of Belgium   {1910}


The Princess Anne & Lieutenant Mark Phillips   {1973} [divorced April 23, 1992]


















































DEATH

1956   Princess Elisabetha/Elisabeth of Romania, Queen consort of Greece {Queen consort of the Hellenes}

2 comments:

  1. I so well remember Princess Anne's wedding - it was just amazing. Her dress was so pretty for that time and was a surprised that it was not a billowing princess ball gown kind that had fallen out of fashion with regular brides of that time almost, but not totally. Her column dress really set the phase for long, straight white dresses in yrs to come.

    I never quite understand why Prince Charles always looks and 'feels' so much older than I am - we are only 4 yrs apart in age. He always seems of another generation to me - but I have warmed up to him in the past yrs since Diana's passing. He's become a lot more 'normal' and I do admire a lot of the philosophy he has about organics. I am an old hippie in the US so while Prince Chas is often pointed to as one of the early pioneers of organic farming/gardening - he was right on trend with what us hippies were into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Princess Anne's gown suits her perfectly, and although it's not a gown I would've personally choose for myself, I like the historical influences she included in the design.

    I agree, I've grown to like Prince Charles more and more as the years go on. I think he comes more personable than in years past, seems more approachable. I think he's intelligent & I like the causes he champions, it's admirable he's actually trying to better the environment of his country & the planet, he's not just cutting ribbons & christening ships. He's probably one of my favorites.

    Thank you so much for your comment! Please return to the blog often!

    ReplyDelete